You must have heard the popular saying: ‘every picture tells a story.’ Well, truth be told, as far as Instagram is concerned, part of that story comes out through the captions! Any avid Instagrammer knows that every fantastic photo needs an equally amazing caption. You can keep it short and sweet, funny and cute, or cool and savage, but make sure you have good Instagram captions to go with the photo before you post it.
⚡ Find the top trending caption right now. ⚡
Our system detects the latest captions for every like, so you’ll get more eyes (and engagement!) on your Instagram posts. Read on to find out what captions can increase your likes/followers growth.
But getting those good Instagram captions to go with your favorite click is easier said than done because sometimes no matter how much you rack your brains, not one suitable line comes out that can actually justify the picture. But fret not, all is not lost as there are ways to get around this issue of your as well. So, without further ado, let’s delve into the world of Instagram captions.
#1 What is an Instagram caption?
An Instagrammer can add captions to a picture for explaining and contextualizing the subject of the image. The platform allows you to use 2,200 characters for the captions, which roughly comes around 330 words including hashtags and emojis. You can also tag your friends in here using the ‘@’ sign and typing out their name.
There’s nothing to worry if you have missed out on hashtags or have a misspelled word in the captions for Instagram since these are editable. Just tap on those three dots on the top right corner of your photo and you will get the option to edit. After you have edited it, tap on ‘DONE’ and that’s it.
#2 What makes a great Instagram caption?
Cool Instagram captions are the one that adds context to a picture, shows off the personality of a brand, entertains the audience, and compels people to like, comment, and share.
Yes, you can use 30 hashtags, emojis, and 2,200 characters to describe your photo in the best light but that is not all there is to it. Writing long essays filled with irrelevant emojis and a long list of hashtags would get you nowhere. Instead, it needs to be something that is easy to follow and ready, and, is compelling enough to capture the attention of the viewers. Instagram captions should speak about the content to the audience.
#3 How to write captions for Instagram: Top 10 Tips
Do not rush yourself into writing the first sentences or including the first emojis that come to your mind. Understand these ten tips for Instagram captions 2019 given below and then apply it to your Insta posts for ensuring better audience engagement.
3.1 Write several drafts first
You would want your post to ensure the maximum engagement at one go, and for that, you need to have patience. Make a list of a couple of ideas for captions and select the right emojis and hashtags. The mind gets fatigued after looking at the same thing for a long time. So, take a break from it all for a while and then come back to have a final opinion on what you think works the best.
It is worth taking your time out to construct a great caption. It not just keeps the followers around, but is also able to earn you some new followers.
3.2 Know your audience
The better idea you have about your audience, the easier it is for you to chalk out the right strategy to capture their attention and keep them interested. So, create an image in your mind about the ideal audience personas for your posts. Think about their age, location, and preferences.
You will also need to understand whether or not they will understand the things you have written and the references you have drawn. It is also important to mention that emojis and pop culture symbolisms might not be appropriate to use in every post.
3.3 Identify your brand voice
The brand voice forms one of the crucial aspects of your social media strategy, and if you are still not sure about what your brand stands for, it is now time for you to think about it. Think about the values and qualities that you want your brand to showcase and use those ideas to bring out your voice. A clever way of identifying your brand voice can be putting together a list of adjectives that can describe what you are offering to the followers. Is it funny and hilarious like a meme page or curious and bold like a travel brand?
The Instagrammers don’t really use a very serious or formal tone and prefer funny instagram captions. So, make sure you show the personality but inject humor when appropriate and keep a light tone going.
3.4 Consider length
Instagram is all about the users scrolling through their feeds briskly and hardly anyone will read the captions that are too long. So, keep the caption as brief as possible. Ensure that there is context to what you post but let the picture be self-explanatory. Keep in mind that the caption is just there to boost the image that you have posted.
Besides, only the first three lines of a caption are displayed and the user needs to click on ‘More’ for reading on. If you want the entire caption to be on display, try to stick to 125 or fewer characters.
Having said that fact, it is okay to use the generous word limit to write a lengthy caption if there is an intriguing story behind the image. But, there is just one thing you need to keep in mind when writing lengthy caption. And that brings us to the next tip.
3.5 Place the most important words at the beginning of the caption
As mentioned earlier, the captions are cut off after three lines of text. Thus, your call to action or key points need to be conveyed right away at the beginning of the caption. All those hashtags and @ can find a place at the end of the caption.
It is also worth mentioning that leading with interesting lines is an intelligent way to hook in the readers and make them tap on that ‘More’ option. This way, regardless of how lengthy your captions are, the viewers will not just scroll away from it.
3.6 Use hashtags, but use them wisely
You should use hashtags in simple instagram captions that are relevant to your target viewers and your post. Besides, it helps in tying your posts to one stream, and so, anyone who searches for that hashtag can find your post if your account is set to public.
The best thing to do would be to separate the hashtags from the rest of the good Instagram captions and bury it below line breaks and periods. You also have the option of not putting in hashtags in the captions at all because you can put it in the comment section. The hashtags get buried after a couple of comments, and thus, you don’t need to worry about it affecting your engagement rate.
3.7 Pose a question
One of the best ways to ensure that you get more comments on the photo is to use the caption for posing a question to the followers. It encourages the viewers to comment from their own viewpoint. You can pose a question that tests their skills, or keep an open-ended query, or simply put up a multiple choice question. Questions can also aim at getting recommendations or tips from the viewers.
You can take help from the answers of the viewers to shape up your Instagram strategy to move forward and come up with ideas for new content with cute Instagram captions. To delight the followers further and to increase their engagement, respond to their answers and make it a conversation in the comments section.
3.8 Use emojis
Those cartoon-like emoticons available to the smartphone users are of huge help in adding some personality to the captions and drawing the reader’s attention. This is one of the main reasons why so many brands use them in their captions, and even the so-called ‘serious’ brands are not far behind in this regard.
There are many different ways to use the emojis in the good Instagram captions. For instance, you can put some emojis at the beginning of posts to catch the eye of your viewers. You can also put the emojis in the middle of the sentence for replacing words or at the end of the posts as a kind of punchline.
3.9 Encourage engagement with a call to action
A great way of increasing the sharing potential of the post is to engage the followers with some kind of call to action in the best Instagram captions of the images. You need to use words that prompt people to do something instead of just scrolling by the post like they usually do. This will make the users more inclined to connect to you and notice your posts.
For instance, you can put in things such as “double tap if you can relate”, “let’s hear your stories in the comments”, “let us know in the comment section.”
3.10 Try using quotes
By saying that you should use quotes, we don’t mean that you should only resort to those clichéd inspirational ones but rather look for something that is specific to the post. It can be a quote from the one who captured the photo or any funny quote related to the incident or the place.
You can also encourage the viewers to come up with their own cute Instagram captions for a picture and then select the best caption from the comments to put up by editing the picture.
#4 Best Instagram captions for your photos
It will not be an exaggeration to say that a photo without Instagram captions is almost like a book without any title. You surely have the right photo but expressing your reasons to click that image or your feelings behind it plays a crucial role in the overall interactions you have with the viewers. This is because people will look at the photo and admire it but then look for the captions to contextualize it.
So, are you feeling lost regarding the Instagram captions for your next Instagram posts? Nothing to worry, as, here are 277+ amazing caption ideas to get you going.
1. ‘Together’ is the best place to be.
2. I will get always butterflies in my stomach no matter how many times I see you.
3. I was looking for home and peace when I found you.
4. Don’t know if one smile can change the world but your smile surely changed mine.
5. “Handsome, you’re a mansion with a view.” – Delicate
6. “We got that love, the crazy kind. I am his and he is mine.” – Him & I
7. “I’m captivated by you, baby, like a firework show” – Sparks Fly
8. “You are the best thing that’s ever been mine” – Mine
9. “And you have a smile that can light up this whole town.” – You belong with me
10. I fell for you like the rain falls on a parched earth.
11. Every love story is wonderful but ours will always be my favorite.
12. Our love story is the one made for movie screens.
13. You are the drug that I want to keep on doing.
14. I want to write the last page of my life with you.
15. With my bae by my side, life is one thrilling ride.
16. Just two crazy people, being weird in love.
17. It has always been you.
18. When I write a story about my life, your name will come up a billion times.
19. With you, the time stands still and moments become memories.
20. I love you and you love me and that’s all we will ever need to be.
21. Nothing can ever replace you in life.
22. You might not be perfect but you are perfect for me.
23. I would want nothing more than you to be happy and I want to see you being happy with me.
24. Just two souls lost in love.
25. I am her King and she is my Queen.
26. A love story to last beyond the lifetime.
27. My heart, my world, my life, and my everything.
28. “You made my frown turn upside down” – Hot air balloon
29. “First best is falling in love. Second best is being in love. Least best is falling out of love. But any of it is better than never having been in love.” – Maya Angelou
30. “I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
31. “If you can find someone to love you the way you love, well, that’s just fabulous.” – Carrie, Sex and the City
1. My second favorite F word is Friday. The first is food. What did you think?
2. Life is not perfect but my makeup is!
3. Today I have decided to be as useless as the letter g in the word lasagna.
4. Started from ’92 and now we are here.
5. I did not choose this thug life, this thug life chose me.
6. Chocolate is the best thing to fall into. Love comes a close second.
7. I don’t think inside or outside the box. I don’t even know where that box is.
8. I am not actually funny. I am just really mean and people think I am funny!
9. I am a smart guy who does not repeat stupid things.
10. Dear Lord, please fix the bug in your software called Monday. Soon, please.
11. I want to know how people write their autobiographies. I don’t even remember what I ate for lunch last day.
12. Trying to get through these difficult five days after the weekend.
13. I am not crazy at all. I am just really motivated and excited about doing nothing.
14. Just another picture of a natural disaster.
15. If you love something, you should let it go. If it does come back, hunt it down and just kill it!
16. Thinking of putting my phone in airplane mode because I just want to see it fly.
17. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. But since the doctor was too cute, I forgot the fruit.
18. The best workout comes between a lunge and crunch and it is called a lunch.
19. If I was really funny, there would be a better caption with this picture than this one.
20. I am a model… Well, an Insta model… Well, just in my head.
21. We all have that one friend. And I am that friend.
22. We are all born crazy and I am the one that chose to remain that way.
23. I never want to give up on my dreams and that is why I keep on sleeping.
24. This is the best one out of the forty selfies I took today. So, you can guess how bad the rest were.
25. Friday is my second favorite “F” word; guess what the first one is?
26. I think we need to tell people that brain is an app; probably they will use it more.
27. When nothing is going right, then just take a left.
28. Stomach: Let me show off how well I can make the sound of a blue whale mating.
29. I once followed a diet, but it did not follow me back. Guess who is unfollowed now?
30. I do marathons! But, on Netflix.
1. I am a smart dude with a cool outlook.
2. Every problem has a solution but looks like my girlfriend doesn’t.
3. If you think we don’t have feelings, let me tell you, I am feeling hungry all the time.
4. I might be the boss at my house but my wife is the decision maker.
5. Boys are amazing, why doesn’t every girl have one?
6. One naughty thought a day can keep you away from stress.
7. Doing what I am great at.
8. In a room of worriers, time for you to be a warrior.
9. Chilling with my homies.
10. Oh hey! What’s up?
11. My youth is the foundation of me.
12. “Insert a random philosophical quote here.”
13. A simple lifestyle is something not everyone can afford; you need a great mind for that.
14. Jumping over the clouds and above.
15. The dog I met did not have an attitude but if he did, it would be a cocky spaniel.
16. Cannot think of any orangeinal puns. Orange you going to help me out?
17. I love how windy days absolutely blow me away!
18. Making pretty cafes prettier like it’s a piece of cake.
19. I am quite a gentleman in almost everything I do.
20. Hating me will not make you pretty.
21. Have you ever looked at how beautifully a boy smiles? Well, look at me now.
22. Girl, you are raising my dopamine levels.
23. It is impossible to do epic things with basic people around you.
24. Being the best version of myself.
25. I allow my haters to be my motivators.
26. Why do good guys tend to be single?
27. Selfies might be disgusting but, surely not this one!
28. Sorry, were you saying something? I got lost in your eyes.
29. I am handsome, no ands, ifs, or buts.
30. In a world full of choice, I am choosing myself.
1. Throwing sass around like confetti.
2. Alexa, will you please bring back the weekend?
3. These are the days we are all living for.
4. Way to my heart is quite simple- just buy me food, make me food and be food.
5. Just a sweet little baby in a world full of pain.
6. I know life is not perfect but, my hair can be.
7. Not always will you find someone amazing coming along and yet here I am.
8. Being a fruit loop in a world full of cheerios.
9. Do I resemble a butterfly? Pretty to watch but hard to catch?
10. On days I feel a little down; all I need is my favorite heels, red lipstick and wine.
11. They told me I could not and that is why I did.
12. Hearts do not break around here.
13. My hobbies include breakfasting, lunching and dining.
14. Gut feelings are guardian angels.
15. Not sure if I attract crazy or if I make people that way.
16. People are going to stare, so why not make it worth their while?
17. I am sorry, but did I roll my eyes out loud?
18. Give me my makeup weapons and I am ready to conquer the world.
19. Don’t care, won’t care.
20. Curls will one day rule the world.
21. Just do the girly thing!
22. Call me cute, I will be the happiest.
23. Beautiful, but destructive at the same time.
24. Can I have a triple macchiato with extra glitter please?
25. I love how I feel after removing my makeup.
26. As much as I try to be nice, my fails to cooperate with me.
27. Not trashy, only sassy.
28. All I ever need is tea and mascara.
29. Life might not be perfect but, my outfit can be.
30. Slaying everyone with my kindness.
1. Busy making memories.
2. Short and cute.
3. Living my best life.
4. Chasing the sunlight.
5. Yes, another food image.
6. Today is perfect.
7. This is my tribe.
8. Issa vibe.
9. Carpe diem.
10. Cease the day.
11. No guts, no story.
12. Focusing on the good.
13. You’re doing great.
14. Keep going.
15. Keep your head high.
16. You only live once.
17. Dust settles. I won’t!
18. All these little things.
19. Shining like the stars.
20. Life goes on.
21. The show must go on.
22. Me, myself and I.
23. Solo ride until I die.
24. Bless this mess.
25. Meant to be.
26. I got me for life.
27. Flowers and hearts.
28. Bringing sexy back.
29. Nama-stay in bed.
30. Best is yet to come.
31. Good vibes only.
32. You’re solid gold.
33. Taco Tuesday.
34. Woman crush Wednesday.
35. Throwback Thursday.
36. Flashback Friday.
1. “Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair.” — Susan Polis Schutz
2. Tides high and vibes higher.
3. Dreaming of a summer that will last forever.
4. Nothing to worry, just beach happy.
5. What are dreams made of? Sand and sun I guess.
6. These tans might fade away, but the memories will last forever.
7. Sun is shining and so are you.
8. “Sun is shining. Weather is sweet. Make you wanna move your dancing feet.” -Bob Marley
9. “Cause a little bit of summer is what the whole year is all about.”- John Mayer
10. Sunny days are what I was made for.
11. “I have only to break into the tightness of a strawberry, and I see summer.”- Toni Morrison
12. Is it time to seas the day?
13. I am ready for the summer.
14. Let the summer time sadness seep in.
15. Sunshine is on my mind.
16. “I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this.” — Susan Branch
17. Every summer comes with its own story.
18. Who is ready for the summer nights? Because I am.
19. Alexa, give me more of summer and less of Mondays, thanks.
20. I am just a beachy girl.
21. Isn’t life better in a bikini and a little tan?
22. Don’t care if it’s a cloudy day, I still got my sunshine.
23. I think I found the best medicine, that is, sunshine.
24. What is happiness? A summer afternoon.
25. Summer has arrived and life is good.
26. All I want is summer, please don’t end so soon.
27. I am ready for a warm weather, pair of flip-flops, blooming flowers and birds singing.
28. Summer is a feeling that I would like to retain for the rest of my life.
29. Feel like summer is taking over me.
30. In a sunshine state of mind.
1. Moral bitterness is a basic technique for endowing the idiot with dignity. – Marshall McLuhan
2. It is impossible to point out stupidity without it pointing back at you. -Jean Baudrillard
3. Without music, life would be a mistake. – Friedrich Nietzsche
4. Do not let anyone tell you that you are not strong enough.
5. You should not look for happiness in the same place you lost it.
6. I was a fan of memes long before they came on Instagram
7. Do not hold on to temporary things for too long otherwise they will become permanent.
8. Dreams do not come with expiration date, so keep on going.
9. “There’s a dream that I’ve been chasing want so badly for it to be reality”- Justin Bieber
10. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. – John Lennon
11. The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye..Until we meet again- Jimi Hendrix
12. Take my hand and we will make it – I swear- Jon Bon Jovi
13. I don’t know what I am chasing, but I will soon find it out.
14. My passport is something that will put me into trouble but also get me out of it.
15. I have got 99 problems but travelling will never be one of them.
16. I have found myself a new hairstylist. You wanna know who it is? My pillow.
17. You will not be able to discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
18. Be the you-est you, you can ever be.
19. Only you are responsible for changing your life, nobody is going to do it for you.
20. Life is very short, live it till you have the time to.
21. In a mood to make my dreams come true.
22. All this while when you were busy telling me I can’t, all I heard was blah blah.
23. My life will go on, with or without you.
24. Sweeter than honey.
25. Happiness cannot be measured with how much you have but with how much you make out of it.
26. Currently, watching more sunsets than Netflix.
27. If you look around, you will find millions of reasons to smile about.
28. This is a proof that I can do selfies better than you.
29. Too busy catching flights don’t have time for feelings.
30. Escape the ordinary.
1. Witch you better have my candy.
2. Halloween is too cool a festival.
3. Do I look a little batty? Is that my costume?
4. If you have it, why not haunt it?
5. It is time you either treat or trick yourself.
6. It is always Halloween inside my head.
7. Are you saying I put a spell on you?
8. This witch is easy to get, just give me a candy.
9. Me and my ghoulfriends casually hanging around.
10. Do not force me to drop a house on you.
11. Let me pour in my little magic happy potion.
12. My favorite pie of this season is boo-berry.
13. Something very wicked is coming your way.
14. Beware! Black cat just crossed your path.
15. Hi! I am the ghost with a most.
16. Creeping it real.
17. How weird is it that it is a full moon night today? Time for all the weirdos to step out.
18. Pumpkin, spice and everything nice.
19. This is how your parents thought you would look on Halloween.
20. If you can’t be creative, you can’t be ghosty.
1. Be the Blair to my Serena.
2. If life is a cookie, then friends are the chocolate chips.
3. I like my friends because they are as weird as I am.
4. It is bad to give up on your dreams, so just keep sleeping.
5. If nobody is perfect, then Hi! My name is perfect.
6. You cannot say bubbles angrily.
7. When life throws a lemon, make lemonade out of it.
8. All you have is now, so go ahead and do that thing you have always wanted to.
9. Feeling Friday on a Tuesday calls for a depresso.
10. I am standing out, does that make me outstanding?
11. If someone calls for me, tell them I ended up at life.
12. Just the right amount of madness.
13. Just another Desi Kudi with her soul on fleek.
14. And then there are days when you wish your bed was already made.
15. It is more than just music for me.
16. Life was made for moments like these.
17. The only three things I need- Good food. Good music. Good vibes.
18. I am so grateful for the things I have. Life is all about being grateful.
19. How I wish this night lasted forever.
20. This is exactly where I feel the most alive.
21. Love is all that you need at times.
22. Nothing hurts more than being replaced. Not even betrayal.
23. Don’t worry. My heart is still work in progress.
24. You know that Cinderella never asked for a prince, right?
25. If you think you know me, then let me burst your bubble.
26. Life is so much better when I am with you.
27. I am the girl your mother warned you about.
28. Sorry, but did someone just say fries?
29. Home is where food is.
30. A balanced diet is having food in both the hands.
31. Life comes with no guarantee, eat that dessert first.
32. My life is the perfect combination of wine and cheese.
33. You know what the secret ingredient is? Cheese!
34. Food can never be wrong.
35. I think I found my soul mate. Its carbs.
36. I am soy into you.
37. When I say size matters, what I mean is I like big cups of coffee.
38. Perfect has 7 letters, so does foooood. Coincidence? I don’t think so.
39. Combining wine with dinner gives winner. See who is winning here?
40. I think I know what I want in life. Just good food.
#5. Instagram caption tools
If you are having a hard time in deciding what captions to post with your picture, then you can take help from the caption ideas mentioned above. But, again if you want something that resembles your personality better and a caption that is especially for you then you can use Instagram caption tools. Instagram captions are often not given that much importance, but it can really boost up your posts and engagement rate.
Captiona works as a search engine which is focused primarily on Instagram captions. It is the first app that was designed for this particular purpose. From witty captions to quotes, you will find everything here that is trending on Instagram. The captions are quite engaging and something that your followers will love about your posts. All you have to do is enter a keyword that is relatable to your post, Captiona will provide with a list of captions that will go with your content.
Now that you know all about creating an interesting caption, what are you waiting for? Use your creativity and come up with something that your followers are going to like. Try and keep it simple yet humorous. Light-hearted captions are the way to go.